“Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” –
It’s official! Autumn is here, and we want to celebrate with all the wonderful activities that fall inspires. Here are seven ways to enjoy this gorgeous season!
- Take a Hay Ride—Find your local farmers’ market or pumpkin patch and hop on a hayride. Bring along your friends, kids, and camera; and snap up the sweet memories.
- Sip Something Warm—As chilly weather sets in, nothing warms the body better than a nice hot drink! Check out these delicious homemade recipes for hot cocoa and apple cider.
- Carve a Pumpkin—Explore your creativity through pumpkin carving! Many printable templates are available online and will help you get started.
- Snuggle Up with a Good Read—Doesn’t a cozy blanket and a new favorite book sound like the perfect pair? Love a good mystery or nonfiction? Check out this fall sale and choose your next read!
- Go Apple Picking—Enjoy the great outdoors in an apple orchard. From plucking apples off the trees to navigating corn mazes and petting zoos, possibilities abound to exercise your adventurous side. Added bonus: Use your fresh-picked apples to make homemade cider!
- Collect Colorful Fall Leaves—Walk around your neighborhood and observe the beautiful trees and their changing colors. Pick up some of your favorite leaves and bring them home to dry. Then use them to decorate your home for the season!
- Start a Thankful Journal—Take the time this season to be grateful. Start a new journal and write down three things you are thankful for each day. Allow this practice to open your eyes to the many gifts of grace that fill your life. We all have so many things to be thankful for!